Perrier, François (1594-1649)

[Antique etching/originele ets] The Della Valle Satyrs [‘Segmenta nobilium signorum et statuarum.’, 1638].

The two so-called “della Valle Satyrs”, two satyrs that belonged to the collection of cardinal Andrea della Valle (1463-1534) and are now in the Musei Capitolini. Signed and numbered on the ground: “FP B 19”, FP monogrammed and the B stands for “Bergognone”.

From ‘Segmenta Nobiliarum Signorum et Statuarum’, a series of 101 etched plates (frontispiece and 100 illustrations) representing statues from Rome, first published in Rome in 1638, and reprinted five times before the end of the seventeenth century.

On verso, on the bottom right corner collector’s mark: “P” in black (stencilled?).

Etching on laid paper; plate mark: 241 x 151 mm, total: 293 x 180 mm; some soiling on the external margins, otherwise very nice impression. On verso, on top left corner, external margin, an annotation in ballpen, very light and not visible from the front. Le Blanc 38-137.

Incl. BTW  102,85

Excl. BTW  85,00

Download Catalog