Perrier, François (1594-1649), after Michelangelo (1475-1564)
[Original etching/originele ets] Michelangelo’s Moses [‘Segmenta nobilium signorum et statuarum.’, 1638]/De mozes van Michelangelo in de Sint Pieter in Vincoli in Rome.
The Moses of Michelangelo in the church of St. Pietro in Vincoli in Rome. Signed and numbered on the pedestal: “FP B 20”, FP monogrammed and the B stands for “Bergognone”.
From ‘Segmenta Nobiliarum Signorum et Statuarum’, a series of 101 etched plates (frontispiece and 100 illustrations) representing statues from Rome, first published in Rome in 1638, and reprinted five times before the end of the seventeenth century.
On verso, on the bottom right corner collector’s mark: “P” in black (stencilled?). Date of publishing print: 1638.
Etching on laid paper; plate mark: 219 x 129 mm, total: 292 x 180 mm; some soiling on the external margins, a brownish stain towards the bottom right, otherwise very nice impression. Le Blanc 38-137.
Incl. BTW € 102,85
Excl. BTW € 85,00