in the style of Stefano della Bella (1610-1664), Jacques Callot (1592-1635) and others
6 antique prints I Soldiers and heads, published 18th century, 6 pp.
Six sheets with various representations:
1) 37 heads of prelates, monks and friars, at various levels of finishing, in different positions and with different facial expressions;
2) A dwarf with turban and moustache, holding a bow in his right hand and an arrow in the left. Full size figure, looking at the observer. Somewhat recalling the set by Joost van Sassen titled ‘Het Groote Tafereel der Dwaasheid’. In the same plate a soldier on horse and another standing with shotgun resting on his shoulder;
3) Two men fighting and a standing soldier with shotgun and sword;
4) Twelve men conversing, seen from their back; one is a soldier with a lance, standing on the right and pointing with his hand to the left;
5) Soldiers resting and conversing after a battle (?), armed with lances and spears;
6) Six soldiers portrayed in different positions and in different attires.
Plates are unsigned. Possibly portions of larger sheets.
[NL] Zes bladen met verschillende voorstellingen, voornamelijk studies van soldaten. Hieronder ook man met tulband en snor en boog. In de stijl van Stefano della Bella (1610-1664), Jacques Callot (1592-1635) en anderen.
€ 145,20 ( ex. btw) € 120,00