View of the Portuguese Synagogue in The Hague (de Portugees-joodse synagoge in Den Haag). Located in the Jan Everstraat, the so called “snoge” includes also the building overlooking the Prinsessegracht, in front of the Malieveld. Both edifices were built by 1724-1726. The date on the facade, 5486, is the Jewish year 1726. Nowadays, the building belongs to the Liberal Jewish Congregation in The Hague.
In the plate, several people are exiting the building, other, also clad in ceremonial clothing, are walking in front of it.
This print was used in: Jacob de Riemer’s: “Beschryving van ‘s-Graven-Hage…” Delft and Den Haag, 1730-1739.
Titled above, on a ribbon: ‘SYNAGOGE DER PORTUGEESCHE IOODEN.’ Signed at bottom: ‘G.v. Giessen del. / J.C. Philips fec. direx. / R. Boitet Excud. Cum Privil’.
Etching on paper with margins; plate mark: 285 x 348 mm, total: 326 x 418 mm; some tears along the margins, a larger on the top margin, not affecting the plate, otherwise in great condition.
Incl. BTW € 151,25
Excl. BTW € 125,00
Incl. BTW € 4840,00Excl. BTW € 4.000,00 In winkelmand
Incl. BTW € 24,20Excl. BTW € 20,00 In winkelmand
Incl. BTW € 81,75Excl. BTW € 75,00 Meer informatie