Map of the region surrounding Chagres, Panama. The map depicts the town of Chagres, Fort St. Lorenzo, and the mouth of the Chagres river, all along the Carribean coast of Panama. Both the town and the fort are labeled along with a pair of harbors and the river. Two trails are labeled as well, one along the coast in the direction of Portobelo, the other across the isthmus to Panama Cty, both of which were important trade centers in the Spanish Empire.
This map is included in Tirion’s: “Hedendaagsche historie of nuttigeige staat van Amerika” from 1765.
Titled on the bottom right corner: ‘De STAD, REEDE, HAVEN en RIVIER van CHAGRES, in de Spaansche Westindiën.’
Etching on paper with margins; plate mark: 263 x 178 mm, total: 294 x 199 mm. Despite the folding creases in great condition.
Incl. BTW € 108,90
Excl. BTW € 90,00