Perrier, François (1594-1649)
[Original etching/ets] The Tiber [‘Segmenta nobilium signorum et statuarum.’, 1638]/De Tiber.
The Tiber, personified by a reclining bearded man with cornucopia in left hand, the remains of an oar in the right hand, the she-wolf suckling Remus and Romulus on the right; after the antique statue, formerly in the collections of the Vatican, now in the Musée du Louvre.
Signed and numbered on the ground: “FP B 92”, FP monogrammed and the B stands for “Bergognone”.
From ‘Segmenta Nobiliarum Signorum et Statuarum’, a series of 101 etched plates (frontispiece and 100 illustrations) representing statues from Rome, first published in Rome in 1638, and reprinted five times before the end of the seventeenth century.
On verso, on the bottom right corner collector’s mark: “P” in black (stencilled?). Date of publishing 1638.
Etching on laid paper; plate mark: 132 x 223 mm, total: 180 x 294 mm; some smudges and folds on the margins, a light stain on the sky to the left, within plate; otherwise in good condition. Le Blanc 38-137.
Incl. BTW € 102,85
Excl. BTW € 85,00