Lithograph of Fonderie de Canons, the Landsgeschutgieterij, established in 1665. Also called Lands Geschuthuis. This impressive buidling with a magnificent facade was designed by Pieter Post, who was also the designer of the Mauritshuis. Initially, the weapons produced here were of poor quality. The gun foundry had soon financial trouble, untill the famous Swiss Huguenot Jean Maritz arrived from Spain, securing the factory. After his arrival in 1773, the gun foundry flourished again. The descendants of Maritz kept the gun factory within the familiy. In march 1945 the Geschuthuis, which had been turned into Higher Secondary School since 1913, was destroyed in the bombing. The monumental façade of the building has been restored and applied to the façade of the Department of Defense at the Kalvermarkt. An old gate of the Geschutshuis has also been restored and now forms a side entrance to the Department of Defense at Bagijnestraat 40.
Incl. BTW € 48,40
Excl. BTW € 40,00
Incl. BTW € 76,30Excl. BTW € 70,00 In winkelmand
Incl. BTW € 90,75Excl. BTW € 75,00 In winkelmand
Incl. BTW € 96,80Excl. BTW € 80,00 Verkocht