Borcht, Pieter van der (c. 1530–1608) [?] or Hogenberg, Frans (1535–1590) [?]
[Copper engraving/kopergravure] The Hanzehuis in Antwerp [the Eastern House]/Het Hanzehuis in Antwerpen.
Appeared in the 1612 edition and later of Guicciardini’s “Beschryvinghe of all the Netherlands; (…)”, this plate numbered as “8” on the bottom right represents the Hanzehuis in Antwerp, the headquarter of the Hanseatic League. In front of the building, on the square, figures walking, riding horses and carriages. Two large ships at each side of the building. Inscribed above in two different cartouches: “DOMUS HANSAE / TEUTONICAE” and “SACRI ROMANI / IMPERII”. (Guicciardini Illustratus, Antwerpen-Hanzehuis, 2.2, p. 134).
Copper engraving on paper with margins; plate mark: 238 x 320 mm, total: 261 x 346 mm; state II/2; two pages joined together in the middle. Foolscap watermark.
Incl. BTW € 121,00
Excl. BTW € 100,00