Jan van den Hecke I (1619/20-1684)
Antique prints, etchings I Different animals, published 1656, 12 pp.
Complete series of the animals, including the title page.
The prints are collected on three cardboards, secured with some paper tape, easily removable. Some of the etchings are cut to the plate-mark, whereas others preserve a nice margin.
Herewith [prints are described according to their appearing order in the album; in squared brackets the Hollstein reference number
1)  Title page with animals drinking from a fountain. On the left a dog. On the left dedication to Paolo Giordano (Orsini), duke of Bracciano (1591-1656). Orsini was a great patron of the arts and according to the dedication he was a patron of the Flemish engraver too: ‘Magnificentissimo Principi / PAVLO IORDANO / Bracciani Duci etc. / Patrono suo plurimum colendo / Hanc Zographiam / Consecrabat / Humilissimus cliens / quam ipse invenit et fecit aqua forti / Joannes vanden Hecke / 1656.’.
2)  The sheep, six sheeps, some standing and some resting on the ground.
3)  The goats, three goats, one standing in the center and two other resting on the ground, two squirrels on the bottom left.
4)  Two resting dogs.
5)  Dog at a fountain; some ruins on the bottom right, the same fountain is decorated in bas relief.
6)  Dog and bitch.
7)  Dog-kennel, various dogs in front of a barn.
8)  Resting cows.
9)  Three cows.
10)  Two asses.
11)  Horse near a two-wheeled car.
12)  Horses and cows.
Dieren – Vee – fontein – serie van prenten
€ 2.904,00 ( ex. btw) € 2.400,00