|Measures print in mm|
The equestrian statue of Marcus Aurelius on the Capitol hill, now substituted with a replica, the original in the Musei Capitolini, as seen from the front and from the side. Signed and numbered on the bottom: “FP B / 11”, “FP B / 12” FP monogrammed. B stands for “Bergognone”, as he was also known in Italy.
From ‘Segmenta Nobiliarum Signorum et Statuarum’, a series of 101 etched plates (frontispiece and 100 illustrations) representing statues from Rome, first published in Rome in 1638, and reprinted five times before the end of the seventeenth century.
On verso, on the bottom right corner collector’s mark: “P” in black (stencilled?).
Etching on laid paper; plate mark (1): 235 x 149 mm, total: 293 x 179 mm; in very good condition; plate mark (2): 223 x 146 mm, total: 293 x 180 mm; interesting impressions. Le Blanc 38-137. Two plates together.
Incl. BTW € 169,40
Excl. BTW € 140,00
Incl. BTW € 102,85Excl. BTW € 85,00 Toevoegen aan winkelwagen
Incl. BTW € 102,85Excl. BTW € 85,00 Verkocht
Incl. BTW € 332,75Excl. BTW € 275,00 Toevoegen aan winkelwagen