Jan van Call (1656-1705/1706), Pieter Schenck (1660-1711)

Call, Jan van (1656-1705/1706)

[Two antique prints, etchings] Het Huys te Hondsholredyk (Huis Honselaarsdijk te Honselersdijk), from Admirandorum quadruplex Spectaculum, published ca. 1694-97.

Two plates with views of Huis Honselaarsdijk in Honselersdijk, one of the façade and the other of the gardens. The palace, founded in the 16th century, was situated in a huge estate in the vicinity of the sea, just outside The Hague. Due to the maintenance costs, however, it was demolished in 1815.

Under the representations are the explanations in Latin and Dutch, with the address of the publisher: ‘P. Schencl Exc: Amstelod: C.P.’.

Inscribed below: ‘VILLAE HONDSHOLREDICANAE facies anterior; a latere intuentibus / Het Huys te Hondsholredyk; van vooren, op zy’ and ‘VILLAE HONDSHOLREDICANAE facies posterior; ex Horto prospicientibus/ Het Huys te Hondsholredyk; van achteren, in den Thuin.’

According to the Hollstein, “the contents of his publication are divided into four parts and include at least 19 Rhenish views, 25 Views of palaces owned by the Orange, 18 Views of The Hague and 17 of the one hundred views of Amsterdam.”

Etching on paper with margins; plate marks: ca. 128 x 167 mm, total: 168 x 219 mm; some light staining and smudges along the margins. Hollstein 181 (Schenck).

Huis Honselaarsdijk is een voormalig jachtslot te Honselersdijk. Alleen het bijgebouw de Nederhof staat er nog, met de voormalige gastenverblijven, paardenstallen en koetshuis. Ze dienen sinds 1977 als gezinsvervangend tehuis voor verstandelijk gehandicapten.

Incl. VAT  242,00

Excl. VAT  200,00

Download Catalog

Additional information

Techniek

Datum Publicatie

Artist

Period Made

You may also like…