Perrier, François (1594-1649)
[Original etching/ets] Standing woman, Peplophoros [‘Segmenta nobilium signorum et statuarum.’, 1638]/Peploforus standbeeld.
A female figure wearing a peplos, standing full-length, turned to left, holding a stick in right hand, and with left hand pointing to the right; after an antique statue known as the Peplophoros Ludovisi, formerly in the Ludovisi collection, now in the Palazzo Altemps. At present the statue features a different head and no arms.
Signed and numbered on the ground: “FP B / 61”, FP monogrammed and the B stands for “Bergognone”.
From ‘Segmenta Nobiliarum Signorum et Statuarum’, a series of 101 etched plates (frontispiece and 100 illustrations) representing statues from Rome, first published in Rome in 1638, and reprinted five times before the end of the seventeenth century.
On verso, on the bottom right corner collector’s mark: “P” in black (stencilled?). Date of publishing 1638.
Etching on laid paper; plate mark: 220 x 139 mm, total: 293 x 182 mm; despite some smudges due to handling, in good condition. Le Blanc 38-137.
Incl. VAT € 102,85
Excl. VAT € 85,00