HARRISON, BUCKWORTH-HERNE-SOAME, RADFORD HOUSE, EDWARD VII
Grant of arms, donated by Alfred Scott Scott-Galty, Garter, Principal King-of Arms and William Henry Weldon Esq. Norroy to George Buckworth-Herne-Soame, formerly Harrison (1872-1912).
British Empire, London, d.d. 18 November 1907. Vellum charter, good condition. 60×52 cm. Manuscript text and calligraphy, with 4 hand coloured coats-of-arms amongst which that of Harrison. With the orginal signatures of the mentioned officials and their wax seals in two disc shaped copper casings. Encased in a made to fit oblong wooden case, with metal closing mechanism and clothed with red linen, decorated in gold with EVIIR initials and crowns. George Day Harrison (1872-1912) obtained a Royal licence which is included in this lot to change his name to Buckworth-Herne-Soame. The Harrison coat of arms had therefore to be changed into a combination of the Harrison and Buckworth-Herne-Soame coats of arms. This grant of arms officially changes the coat of arms. George Buckworth-Herne-Soame was apparently (chief) engineer of the South Potteries Water Works Company in Staffordshire although the grant of arms mentiones that he is lieutenant colonel of the Staffordshire Artillery Volunteers. The coat-of-arms bears the family motto: de mieulx je pense en mieulx. The grant explains that Harrison lives in Radford House in the parish of Stone in de county of Stafford. He married Evelyn, the second daughter of Sir Charles Buckworth-Herne-Soame Baronet late of Sheen in the county of Surrey. H97
Incl. VAT € 1362,50
Excl. VAT € 1.250,00