View on the Buitenhof in The Hague, where was the statue of King Willem II. Designed by Edouard Francois Georges (1817-1895), the statue was made in 1852 and unveiled in 1854.
In 1922 it was decided to remove the statue from the Buitenhof. The municipality of Tilburg then bought the statue for 1000 guilders, and relocated it in 1924 in the center of the city. King Willem II had a special bond with Tilburg. On April 3, 1849 he died in the heart of the city, in a house next to his palace, now Raadhuis.
Titled below in English, Dutch and French: ‘HAAG / STATUE WILHELMS II // ‘S GRAVENHAGE. / STANDBEELD VAN WILLEM II // LA HAYE / LA STATUE DE GUILLAUME II.’
Signed below: ‘L. Rohbock delt. / G.M. Kurz sculps.t’ with the address of the publisher: ‘Darmstadt G.G. Lange.’
Colored lithography, total 152 x 229 mm, some smudges on the margins, otherwise in good condition; mounted on a paper passepartout.
Incl. VAT € 72,60
Excl. VAT € 60,00
Incl. VAT € 266,20Excl. VAT € 220,00 Add to cart
Incl. VAT € 145,20Excl. VAT € 120,00 Add to cart
Incl. VAT € 48,40Excl. VAT € 40,00 Add to cart