Perrier, François (1594-1649)

[Antique mythology print, etching] Hercules and Telephus [‘Segmenta nobilium signorum et statuarum.’, published 1638]

The group of Hercules and Telephus, now in the Vatican City, at the Musei Capitolini. Signed and numbered on the bottom left corner: “FP B / 5”, FP monogrammed. B stands for “Bergognone”, as he was also known in Italy.

From ‘Segmenta Nobiliarum Signorum et Statuarum’, a series of 101 etched plates (frontispiece and 100 illustrations) representing statues from Rome, first published in Rome in 1638, and reprinted five times before the end of the seventeenth century.

On verso, on the bottom right corner collector’s mark: “P” in black (stencilled?).

Etching on laid paper; plate mark: 235 x 142 mm, total: 293 x 181 mm; nice light grey effect on the background, obtained with a light brushing of acid; despite some dirt and light foxing on the margins, in very good condition, bright impressions. Le Blanc 38-137.

Incl. VAT  102,85

Excl. VAT  85,00

Download Catalog

Additional information

Techniek

Datum Publicatie

Artist

Measures print in mm

Period Made

Plaats Publicatie

You may also like…